Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Judgment.

The world we live in is seriously screwed up. We judge people on who they love, what they dress like, what they look like, hell, even what they eat, or what they believe in. We love honesty yet hate it when people disagree with us. This sick world that we live in kills people for killing people, start wars to make peace, torture people, murder people. The problem is that people don't want to accept any of the problems that we face are reality. They like to stay in there bubble world where the war going on, on the other side of the world doesn't effect them, or global warming doesn't matter because after a while it will go away. Somehow we feel the need to run away from our problems, instead of face them. Of course, we all like to think that we would do the right thing if the time came, but would we really? Why is it that when you get raped you have to yell fire instead of rape. Because we live in a bloody selfish society where everyone's first priority is themselves and only themselves. And yes, in my life right now, I am trying to be as least selfish as possible. I would like to think that I have experienced a lot. Yes I have seen a lot, I have seen poverty at it's worst. And yes, I would like to believe that I had helped some of those homeless cambodian, malaysian, or whatever other country is wreaked with poverty, children. But the reality is that they are probably just the same as when I left, because no body educated them on how to use that money, to buy food instead of gamble, to drink clean water instead of dirty. When I have grown up, finished my education, got a steady job, a life I love I do want to help all those children, maybe in my gap year, I will help them, because I know I want to see the whole world before I settle down, and I know I want my children to experience what I have. I know I don't want them to grow up in a bubble world. 

No comments: